Join our membership and become an agent of change today!
Getting involved is more important than ever.
By becoming a member of the Monteverde Community Fund, you will be actively supporting the change and betterment of the community. Every time you pay an annual fee, you are helping the Community Fund's team in our efforts to empower the different groups of people that exist in the community while promoting solidarity, inclusion and participation of people in the community.
We invest in what matters!
Response to the crisis
We give opportunities for organized groups in the community to bring us potential solutions to their needs and together we seek the funds.
We've helped finance local projects that address local environmental challenges such as forest connectivity, protection of water resources and public sanitation, among others.
We recognize the importance of strategic planning and preparation for natural disasters, pandemics, and emergency situations. For this reason we created the Emergency Fund, born during the Tropical Storm Nate crisis and reactivated to support the community through the Covid-19 pandemic. Learn more here.
We all have to earn a living in a way that nourishes, not degrades, our community and our natural environment. This is why we have supported projects like La Tilichera, Monteverde's first barter store and los Verdes, a new social currency in the community.
₡60,000 - $100
It consists of a single annual payment. Individual members have the option of paying up to 50% in kind.
50% discount for full time students.
₡30,000 - $50
50% discount for senior citizens (over 65 years old).
₡30,000 - $50
10% discount per member if there are 2 or more active members from the same family.
₡45,000 - $76
How do I join?
• The person interested in being part of the Monteverde Community Fund must first complete this quick form. You will also need a letter of recommendation from a member of the Board of Directors, you can see an example of the letter here. If you don't know a member of our Board personally, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly help with this step.
• This request will be submitted to a vote at the next ordinary session of the Board of Directors, and you will receive a reply in the following eight days.
• Upon receiving the approval of the Board of Directors, the new associate must pay the amount of the membership fee, which corresponds to the payment of an active member annuity.
The payment can be done in the following ways:
1. In its entirety upon being approved by the Board of Directors as a member of the association.
2. In two payments, half when approved by the Board of Directors as a member of the association and the other half within 6 months of affiliation or before the closure of the fiscal year.
3. If there are less than 6 months until the close of the fiscal year, you must pay only 50% of the amount of the fee at the time of approval.
Why become an associate of the Monteverde Community Fund?
You will be invited to participate in our yearly assemblies, where you will have to opportunity to hear about community initiatives first hand, share your thoughts and concerns and meet other like minded people from the Monteverde region.
You may eventually be invited to share your knowledge or advice with ongoing projects in the area, so we may support the creation of a stronger community network.
You will be invited to all of the Fund's community events and stay up to date through a monthly newsletter with all the latest information.
What are my responsibilities as a member?
Attend the meetings to which you are summoned. This consists of one annual meeting, and being open to sharing your knowledge or interests with others when relevant to community projects.
Help to maintain the association and its assets and help with organization and participation in its activities.
Support the efforts made by the Monteverde Community Fund to fulfill its objectives.